Well, Well, Well

April 7, 2011

Did I tell you we finished the window wells?  (I don't know if that's what they're actually called, but I'm too tired to look it up.)  And of course by "we", I mean Craig and dad.  We've been staring at the unfinished ledges for a few months now and it was time to finish them off.  I think they turned out great for a couple of rooks like us:



It's a bit hard to make out the details from these pics, but the ledges are actually quite deep.  I'm thinking I'll add some greenery up there in the form of some plastic foliage (gasp!).  Let's face it: I won't want to keep watering them (I'm a notorious plant killah) and, really, who's going to be looking at them that closely?

Now here's the hard part: any ideas on how to add security features and still make the window look nice??

1 comment:

elisa said...

Looks great... Apparently you can buy 3M security film for glass--no bars! I saw a demo on a tv show once, and a guy broke the window with a bat which shattered the glass, but he couldn't the home,

Also, do those windows get good sun? Why not invest in hanging succulents? They only need to be watered like once a month or something.

Post a Comment