Schoolhouse Rock

April 25, 2011

After seeing this laundry room on the Canadian House & Home website, I just had to have a schoolhouse light in this house.  Now I have two!

Most schoolhouse lights that I had found online were in the $80 to $100 range.  Eeps.  A bit too rich for my Craig's blood.  After thinking these were a pipe dream that would never come to be, we happened to spot one in our local Home Depot.  And when I saw the $50 price tag, I nearly fainted right then and there.  I kid you not.  Two for the price of one?!  Sold!  So two of these babies came home with us that day.  (I think Craig even had a gift card for HD, which helped the lightning-speed decision-making process!)  That was last fall and after months in boxes just waiting to be installed, they finally have a home:



Yes, it's still messy in this room.  Let's focus on the lights, shall we?  Oooh:


Ahhh:


 Here's the corner of the room that you don't see from the door (and that I rarely take pictures of):


This (hopefully) gives you a better idea of the paint colour as well.  It's called Sharkey Grey, but as far as I can tell, it should be called Sharkey Taupe.  It actually looks a little bit purple in this light, but it's really growing on me.  Craig's working on the second coat as I type.

Tomorrow we'll be planning out the flooring tile layout (which were also purchased a few months ago and are just waiting to be installed).  Here's hoping we can finish the flooring by the end of the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment