Mission Impossible?

April 5, 2011

We're finally getting some springlike weather around here!  With the sun finally shining, it's time to roll up our sleeves, get rid of all the junk and scrub this place clean.

If you know me, you'll know that I'm a huge fan of organizing.  I love seeing spaces in magazines with lots of pretty boxes and storage containers (even though I don't really believe people live like that everyday, do they?!).  I love when there's a place for everything and everything has its place.  Sadly, though, I'm not a good organizer.  I'd even admit that I'm actually quite disorganized (although I was once told that disorganization is a sign of creativity, which I'll always use as my excuse defense).  I always have grand plans to get myself organized, but my version of organization is more like organized chaos.  Sigh.

The only time we were really ever organized was when we were selling our condo and half of our junk was in storage.  A trip down memory lane...


It took us a few tries (and several trips to Ikea) to finally get a setup that worked for our small pantry/laundry room, but we were really happy with the result.  (Seriously, this was no small feat for me to accomplish!)
 


Can you believe that we built these built-ins?  And that we made them at my parents' place several blocks away and lugged them over in pieces???  I remember clearly praying that they would assemble correctly (Craig was sweating bullets too because he knew if they had to fit or else).  I guess the old saying "measure twice, cut once" really is true, although in our case it was more like measure thirty times, cut five :)

So we've done it before and we're attempting to do it again.  With a little bit of work, we're going to get the Loveshack 2.0 organized.  It'll take a lot more bins (sorry Craiggy!) and a lot more patience, but I think we can get through it!  First room on our list: the kitchen.  I'll give you all (all three of you, I mean..haha) an update soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment