In the Kitchen: Jamie's Food Revolution

July 15, 2010

I stopped in at the grocery over the weekend and somehow ended up in the cookbook section.  I normally stay away from these things since I have so many collecting dust in a cupboard and usually rely on recipes from the "Google" cookbook (i.e. Google the recipe and see what comes up).  But I ended up leaving with one of the books (on sale!).  Here's what I came home with:

 

Our goal: start cooking!  We vowed that once we were in our new house, we would start cooking more.  But we've been eating out a lot more than when we were in the condo and our wallets (and waistlines) are starting to suffer.

The recipes look fairly simple: they don't seem to require a lot of ingredients and they don't seem to take a lot of time to make.  Plus, I'm a baker, not a chef.  I live for precise measurements and little prep work (I let the oven do its thing).  I prefer straightforward recipes that are simple, delicious and affordable and that's what the book's cover claims to contain within its pages.  I also know that we can't eat out (or live on "student" diets) forever.  It's time to put on our aprons and get domestic!

{ PS: I realize that I could also just Google the recipes from his website, but this book fits so nicely in my Elisa bag, so I just had to have it. }

2 comments:

elisa said...

Hey I just bought the Martha cookbook and cupcake book on sale too at Winners! Cupcake book is heaven but the blue cookbook looks difficult. I think it'll just be an accessory in the kitchen. Where was Jamie's book on sale? Is it healthy food?

loveshack said...

I actually got it from Safeway. the sale wasn't great (15% off the list price), but I checked at Homesense/Winners and couldn't find it. It seems pretty health, but it's really tasty! We're making another recipe tonight (I'll write all about it later) and another one tomorrow. I'm addicted!

Would like to get a cupcake book too and had thumbed through Martha's (most of it looks complicated for a beginner like me).

Post a Comment