No. More. Circles.

May 3, 2011

Tonight I was determined to finish at least one project.  So after exactly three weeks, two boxes of wax paper, seven sheets of parchment paper, two spools of thread and a lot of patience, we finally finished the chandelier!  Here it is:

And now with a bit more detail:




They're not the greatest pictures since I'm taking them in the evening (plus we use a blasted CFL light which makes my white balance all wonky but ensures that our house doesn't burn down), but you get the idea.  We probably made over 3,000 circles (seriously).  And I honestly thought we would only need 300.  We definitely became more efficient in the whole iron-cut-punch-sew-hang process at the end.  I've got some good tips on how to make it less frustrating if you plan on tackling this project yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment